Friday, July 11, 2003

What's the deal with the US Postal Service? Is it just here in Nashville, or everywhere? We haven't had our mail delivered by a real-looking Postal vechicle since we lived in the apartment our first year of marriage. So, for four years, we've had various cars and Jeeps with a flashing light on top and a magnetic sign slapped on that indicates it's status as a "mail carrier".

Both houses, we have been part of a "rural route", although I could never figure out why...it just says that on our generic mail (like supermarket ads and pizza coupons). So, I figured that the-less-than official looking cars were because of this supposed rural route-"lots of dust, bumps and unpaved roads...sure, I see- they don't want to mess up their cute little white Post trucks!" But, this logic flew out the window when, today, I saw my mail being delivered in a shiny PT Cruiser with a strobe light on top and the same magnetic sign.

No comments: