They say say girls grow up to marry men just like their fathers.
I did not intend to do this. And while Eric and my father have many differences, over the years many things have crept up that reveal similarities that are undeniable- almost scary.
My dad likes vanilla ice cream. Plain ol' vanilla. Eric loves Breyer's Natural Vanilla (had some last night, in fact). They both are silly joke men when it comes to kids. Eric has said some things to Grant that I remember hearing as a child (minus the whole "sing God Save the Queen backwards" solution to almost anything....hiccups? "sing God Save the Queen backwards"...stubbed your toe? "sing God Save the Queen backwards"...sometimes the problem might even require singing "God Save the Queen backwards while standing on your head", then you knew it was serious!) My Dad and Eric have been known to pull the whole "Owwie Exchange" game. You don't know it? Well, say you slam your finger in the door- rather than getting a hug or offering to grab some ice for you, these fine men would offer to stomp on your foot to "make you forget about your finger". Very nice, don't you think?
They also share a love of ginger. Today, I am making this. I bought some at Williams-Sonoma recently, and figured I'd try doing it myself. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment