In an effort to keep accidents to a minimum, I am sticking to Grant like glue and being a complete nag ("do you need to potty?"..."do you need to potty?"..."don't you want to try?". Being a stay-at-home-mom, I play every day with my children...reading books, racing cars, molding Play-Doh, making cookies, coloring (inside and outside the lines), blowing bubbles. But, this toilet-training thing (and we're going on a week now) has really opened my eyes as to how often I let him play solo while I accomplish little tasks like laundry, cooking, or cleaning. Being in the same room is not enough right now- if my back is turned, I can't observe his body language enough to sense his need and remind him to run to the bathroom. This past week, I have tried to eliminate even those tiny moments to help him be more successful and it has been fun (while at the same time exhausting) because all we've done is play(okay, I have still done some cooking- the family does need food).
Tonight, as a reward to myself, I'm going out to dinner with my friend LaDonna to relax without the kids. Just girls. Just fun. We're heading to Olive Garden and then hitting the mall (I'm not a really big "shopper", but the stroll should be nice- and air conditioned). I am on the lookout for some new cosmetics and hear that MAC has a great product called "lip glass", so I plan on checking that out. Not much else- just looking forward to a night without the steam cleaner (Grant and Dean must be in a contest that I don't know about!).
Hopefully, Eric has a fun night with "just the boys". Grant and Dean, be nice to your Daddy; I'd like him in one piece when I return!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment