I stopped delivering The News Herrold newspaper months ago. The original time estimates given to me never really were accurate (or maybe I'm incompetent). So, after a three week run, I let the lady know it wasn't for me. However, if they ever needed me on an occasional basis to fill in for someone, "I didn't hate it that much and you'd be welcome to call me and see if I'm available". The other week, I received a call and today's route was the result of me saying "yes".
Sitting in my car bagging papers on the side of the road must have looked suspicious to one of the homeowners. He strolled near my van and said, "is everything okay". "Yes", I replied, holding up one of the circulars protected in its yellow plastic..."I'm just the Paper Lady". The man walked away and Grant exclaimed, "No you're not- you're Mommy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment