This morning I had my teeth cleaned. I love that feeling! The technician even worked on chipping away a bit of orthodontic glue from my braces that has been there for 10+ years. I've mentioned it at other dentists offices and they haven't tried very hard to remove it. This tech noticed it right away and asked me if I'd had braces. Part of it flew off with some aggressive action with the pick. Another portion is smaller but still slightly there and she made note for the dentist to get at it with the burr when I have my cavity filled.
Thanks to Mary for watching Grant, Dean and Lael. They were somewhat cranky because of the early rise. My children are used to waking up early, but they don't routinely get ready that early. We were all out the door at 6:30.
On our drive we spotted quite a few children headed for the bus stop. Today is the first day for Metro schools. And since school is so much on my mind with Grant beginning in a few short weeks, I think dwelt on the first day memories of my past. Not so much what happened on my first days, but more the feelings associated with the first day of school.
New clothes...excitement...getting schedules...seeing friends...talking about meeting up for lunch...getting to know my teachers...having roll call...new folders...bus stops...expectation...lunch time basketball...checking out balls...optimism....early morning sunshine...aftershool snacks...seating charts...wall mounted pencil sharpeners...pledge of allegiance...pink powdered soap and tub style long sinks with multiple faucets...swings...chubby pencils...cubbies...carpet mats and time for singing...bathroom passes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
that would make the best scrapbook page. :)
Post a Comment