Lael's turn
So, I "bragged on" Grant (that is a Southern term...one I can't stand, btw) and now it's Lael's turn.
My littlest one is now eight months old. She's finally getting some hair. She is chunkier than ever. She now consistently has one solid food meal a day- dinner of rice cereal and applesauce (although she was lucky enough to try peaches and apples while in Alabama). She is attempting to crawl by getting on all fours and rocking or sometimes she gets into the "push-up" position. She can roll all over the place, and uses this for transportation.
BUT, two mondo big events occured today: first tooth and first word!
I missed the first word, but it was "da-da". While eating a morning bottle with Eric in bed (I was at the dentist), she paused and said "da-da" while looking at him. Shortly after (probably to test if this was really a "word"), he said "Say da-da". Again, she paused and repeated it clearly, "da-da". Until now, she has only babbled out a string of da-das, "dadadadadadadadadadada".
And the tooth? Bottom right front. It has appeared puffy for weeks now, and she has been irritable along with not sleeping at night. This morning when I came back from the dentist, I caught a glimpse of the gumline and she had a blueish bruise and a very large lump. After going to the gym and returning home, a little white speck of tooth has broken through. Hopefully she'll feel better and start sleeping through the night again. I had gotten used to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Hoorah! A Big Cheer for Lael! I hope she does sleep better for the sake of all involved. Bless you, mother of three!
Congrats to little Lael! The first tooth is always the hardest... ;)
Post a Comment