
After 4 years of service, we are retiring the roman shades today. I lovingly made them with fabric I was thrilled about, but they have simply started to fall apart under the blast of full sun exposure. The plastic rings that hold the cording in place have become brittle, and shattered one by one (My friend Jenny found a non-ring tape for Roman shades that is sewn in place horizontally and also acts as a sleeve for the dowling. I'll be helping her sew them soon and will report back on its success). I still like the fabric, and am trying to figure out a way to "repurpose" it. Additionally, I can't figure out if I still like this valance style with the 2 inch blinds. I'm almost thinking that a "softer" topper would balance out the structured and cold blinds. I have a whole lot more of the poppy valance fabric that I could use (Old Time Pottery!). Suggestions?





2 comments:
Oh, I really liked the fabric and shades and all. I remember when you made them. Hmmm, I like long flowy, romatic window treatments, maybe in a cream color. Of course, they aren't practical with little ones around.
You could always make hacky-sacks or bean bags for the boys out of the fabric. :)
Post a Comment