Sprouts
Grow your own edible sprouts at home. One spouter is as simple as a special lid for a Mason jar. And most of the seeds they sell are organic. I see this being yummy and educational.
link via Family Fun magazine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
My mom used to grow her own sprouts. I'm trying to remember the process...all I really remember is her putting them in plastic bags...and of course eating them in sandwiches and salads. They always looked gross to me as a kid but I know they are very good for you.
I usually put sprouts on my salad at a salad bar although I haven't really known if they were good for you or not. I assumed they were. I never considered them yummy though. Sounds like it will definitely be educational.
Broccoli sprouts are one of the most healthy foods out there. They are better nutritionally than the full grown broccoli. That means that you can eat quite a bit less and still do your body good. the web site I linked to has a lot of that type of information.
Taste wise, I think the tiny hairy-like sprouts (such as broccoli) are a great addition to a sanwich. Crunchy sprouts (like bean sprouts) are wonderful in salads. And sunflower spouts do actually taste great on their own.
Now that the kids are getting older, I'm buying more of this type of thing...because I'm not the only one eating it. It's great having children that eat almost anything. :-)
Post a Comment