While I was changing the feed setting that Erika commented about, I came across a setting that may come in use later. All the other Blogger users out there, you might be interested too. There is an option to select word verification. If enabled, those who comment on your blog would have to type out the word in the box (like ticketmaster) before proceeding. This seems like a whole lot of hoops to jump through just to comment on my silly little blog, so I really don't want to do this. But, if the spam comments became distasteful or excessive I might. So far this week, after making commenters register with Blogger, I've only received 2 or 3 and they were of the home loan variety, not the "avert your eyes" variety. Or maybe I could just implement the word box instead of requiring registration. Which is less annoying?
I also came across a button that lets me imbed an image in the text. Let's try it now.

I wonder how long that has been there? I've been using Hello/BloggerBot for my pictures through Picasa. And while it is easy, I've wanted to know how to post along with my written entry or maybe even post more than one photo without making another post entirely. So, I'll try that now:
It all seems to be working just fine. This is quite the "guinea pig" post. Anyway, if you're still with me and not bored out of your mind with my experimentation, I thought I'd tell you what the pictures are from. Last Friday, we ate lunch at the restaurant of Grant's choice as a special treat for surviving his kindergarten physical. The photo on the left is my little trooper showing off one of his 4 shots while playing in the play area at Chick-fil-A ("the new one by our house", as requested). Dean is simply enjoying the reward for his brother's pain.





8 comments:
I use Firefox for my web browser and the pictures spill into the margins when I view it. Deans picture is actually partially covered by the text from your Previous Posts and Archives lists. When I looked at it in Internet Explorer it's fine so...FYI...it doesn't work that well in Firefox. Since most people use I.E. I'm sure that Blogger doesn't care. :)
good to know
that's interesting. i haven't ever received spam comments before. maybe cause my blog is private?
Did Grant get shot in the arm? It makes me cringe just remembering our kindergarten shots this time last year. There were three (I think), all in the legs with Madison upper body restrained to the table, by her dad of course, because I'm a wimp with those things. She was brave up until that first needle hit her leg! I can't imagine if they had gone for an arm. Glad Grant survived and is proud enough to show off his wounds!
When I post pictures I have used it from the blogger site, I think that's what you have done here. It works well for me.
I also don't recieve ANY spam comments. I'm sure it't because I don't use Blogger for my comments.
It does seem to be just Blogger people who are getting the spam. Too bad we can't hunt them down and...well...tell them we don't like it.
Well, if you were a person who spammed for a living, it would make the most sense to hit one of the largest groups of bloggers. Really, can I blame them? (uh- yes!) Jess, thanks for the tip...I made sure to check my settings and keep the blog private.
Check out my site for lots of helpful information about home loans!
Post a Comment