Spread the word-"Teach Me" is up!
I didn't say much about this for fear of jinxing it, but I have a pattern up and out there in the Real World. Available through www.chiagu.com, on their pattern page, is my original design called Teach Me.
About the Teach Me:
One of the driving forces behind my craftiness is the specific vision that won’t leave my head. Sure, call it “being picky”. But, I dream up something and when I simply can’t settle for what is on the shelves, I am forced to design it and make it myself.
This shoulder warmer is the combination of all the things I was looking for. The ease of a poncho without looking bulky and formless. The elegance of a shawl without the need to be tied or pinned. Openwork or eyelets to allow the body beneath to be seen slightly. A wide neck to offer the option of off-the-shoulder wear.
Oh- and if I was going to knit it myself, I wanted to learn something new without it being too difficult. I wanted the pattern to Teach Me something. And it did! This was my first pattern with yarn overs, and my first pattern with cables. You can do it. Let it teach you.
Teach Me was knit using Peruvian Highland Wool from www.elann.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Yeah! You are such an inspiration! Maybe one day when I’m not doing a hundred other things I can make a “Teach Me”.
Amber needs to write her story. Mary needs to win the recipe contest. The rest of us need to find talents that were good enough at. It sure would be super cool if we were all published with something. Come on Amber you can get the story done!
That is really cute. I like the color too. Good job.
I sense sarcasm in LaDonna's comment. Just an observation.
No sarcasm meant.
Our beautiful friend Tisra...you look so nice in your picture...not that you don't always look nice but you did a great job on your shoulder warmer and it all looks so classy on the website. I hope there is lots of interest and lots of sales on your pattern and it inspires you to do more!
PS I am right there with you on the picky thing. Which is why I learned to sew. I could never find the perfect formal in highschool so I made my own...I was always buying patterns to combine the top of one dress with the bottom of another.
How incredibly exciting! I'm so proud of you! I know you worked really hard on that and I'm sure it's exhilarating to be recognized for having such a good design.
WOW!!! That is wonderful! And you look beautiful in your photo. Congratulations on stepping into the world of publication! It's a very fun place to be! :)
Post a Comment