Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Drawing #3 tonight!


Well, guys... we're working our way up the list and are drawing winners for some of the BIG prizes tonight! The package values keep going up, up, up. I am so excited to see winners being pulled and all these amazing people showering love upon us and our adoption of the cutest daughter ever (except for Lael, of course!).

Tonight, we're awarding the Precious Things Prize Package and the Family Fun Package.

The Family Fun package doesn't have any handmade items to describe. But, there is a Wii, GPS, digital frame, and some great toys from Big Time Toys. The toys were donated by a neighbor and are really fun things for the pool. I've had to hide it all, in fact, because my kids kept wanting to tear into the packages to play with it. So, thank you Greg and Linda Kay!

Now, the Precious Things prize package is full of amazing gifts. Things for the precious child in your life, and precious things for you. Admittedly, it is a very "girly" grouping of toys. However, should a guy win, I am certain that he'll make a woman in his life very happy!

The Precious Things Prize package contains:

- A precious stone necklace and earring set by Sarah k. of Taiwan adoption fame. That title sounds silly, right? But Sarah is in the middle of adopting from Taiwan for the second time. She is an encourager to everyone she comes in contact with and is a fountain of knowledge regarding Taiwan adoption process- both through agencies and independent. She loves the Lord and He has certainly blessed her with some lovely talent. The necklace and earring set are made of fine materials like coco, and amethyst. She blogs here and should be bringing her son, Jo, home from Taiwan very, very soon! (c'mon judge!)


- My friend Mary is extremely talented and detail oriented. For years and years, she has been a sewer, creating incredible items- quilts, soft toys, home accesories... you name it! This year, for the first time, she has set up shop and is slowly building her line of lovely handmade items. The baby booties and Mattie Kate bunny are both offerings available at Mary Mary Stationery. But, beyond all that, Mary and her husband Kris have been honorable, loyal friends to Eric and me for many, many years. They have seen each one of our children be added to our family and joyously celebrated every time, giving praise to God. Dorothy's adoption is nothing different- we have felt the love and support from the very beginning almost 3 years ago now (yikes!). Thank you, good friends!

- Tomo and Edie are two mothers I met participating in Mamamade (amazing how much love has come out of that group!). They are dedicated to creating quality items that you won't find anywhere else. For our Precious Things prize drawing, we have 3 organic baby kimonos. The cotton is lusciously soft and in natural cotton color (no bleaching!). All of the seams are on the exterior to keep the garment from irritating baby's tender skin.

- Pin tuffet by me. I won't elaborate because it seems strange to do so, but there is a needle book on the underside of the pin cushion and I use one exactly like this for all of my sewing. Of course I like it- I made it. :-)

- Designer chocolates by Jen Shelbo. Jen, a dear friend of mine from as far back as 5th grade, is now a pastry chef in NYC. Just this week, she e-mailed me with the official flavors in each one of the chocolate boxes (three are scattered throughout the drawings). Brace yourself; they sound amazing! The three flavors are: chocolate covered coconut curry marshmallows, chai tea bonbons, and mango mint coriander ganache with mango pate de fruit (fruit jelly). Oh. My. Gosh. First off, I wish I could win these. Secondly, is that not so cool that these are Indian themed?! The winner will receive an assorted box. They're all ready to ship directly from New York!

- Lastly, the same Elizabeth that donated Thank You cards to yesterday's drawing has also offered up a lounge pant/ bib set from her company Two Green Olive trees. Her items are reminiscent of the casual luxury of a beach house. Her stuff is not beach-themed, but I can't keep the thought out of my mind- salty cool breezes and these lounge pants would be *heaven*. One of her trademarks is a controlled unfinished edge- purposefully frayed to showcase the texture of the fabric and create an unfussy look. Your child will love them!

As before, we'll draw winner tonight and post the video on Operation BDHQ.

5 comments:

The Family K. said...

As much as I would LOVE to win the camera, that picture of the chocolates is making me drool. Cleanup in aisle 6!

Amy Button said...

Wow! OK, seriously, how much of a temptation is it to keep some of these things? Just beautiful. I need to add these links to my "wish list".

Sarah k said...

Awe shucks!!! Love you to Tisra... And thank you so much for the shout out! I am so happy for those that have won!! Congratulations you sweet people! Thank you for helping get Dorothy home! God will provide all Tisra.. you know that!

Sarah k

freshie (and zero) said...

Pick me pick me!! I definitely need a Wii!

freshie (and zero) said...

Oh bugger. I see that I didn't win. As a consolation, I must buy your friend's chocolate - is there anyway to order it? It looks delicious!