Wednesday, April 29, 2009

HOT HOT HOT

On my phone, I can track the weather of my favorite cities. I've got our city, the city in California where my dad lives, London where my extended family is, and New Delhi all easily checkable.

The highs have been scaring us a little. Tomorrow's predicted high in New Dehli? ONE HUNDRED ELEVEN!!!!

I got nervous, believing that the longer it was before we could travel- the further into true summer (after all, it's only spring, right?)- that it would be even *hotter*. Thankfully, given India's location on the globe, their season isn't the same as ours and May is often the hottest. No chance of us traveling in May at this point. So, while we want to get to Dorothy a.s.a.p., I can see the positive in the wait. Ha!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

I wrote a similar post yesterday about Vietnam!!

http://wehavebeenblessed.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-are-we-in-for.html

Rebecca Lily said...

Yeah, it's probably a good thing that you won't be there when it's 111 degrees... and counting! Yikes!!! Hot hot hot is right!!

What's the weather like in the summers? Does it cool off to 97 or so? :)

Love you all!
R

julia @say you will love me forever said...

do you read "bring the rain"? angie is in india right now. it's audreycaroline.blogspot.com. i pretty much melt in 80 degree weather. i can not imagine over 100. julia.

Mary said...

One Hundred Eleven!?! Dear me that's hot. She may need lots of blankets when you get her back here.

Amy Button said...

Yikes! Poor little Dorothy, I can't imagine living in that heat. Although remember a couple of summers ago when it was 106? We were melting *with* air conditioning.

Brooke said...

In January, New Delhi was hovering around the 70's. I dressed Nisha in a dress, leggings, and a sweater and they thought I had lost my mind. I was practically forced to buy her a winter coat :) Maybe now that it is in the hundreds, people are only dressing in long-sleeved clothing???? Get ready for that!

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

I've been tracking the weather in Kolkata where Pala is too. We are looking to travel in September... hopefully sooner of course. Our little ones must be miserable!! Poor things!

Fenwick 5 said...

Looks like we will be missing the hottest month too. I hope when we travel that the weather will be just right on both sides of the world!:)Gidg

PJ Academy said...

Brooke that is what I am wondering too??? They may still have sweaters on????

I could not believe the little ones in snow suits in the upper 70's.... poor kids it was HOT and humid!!!!

Jennifer

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

oh my gosh! We have done 100 and over but 111 I have not I yet! WOW! Praying for a cool breeze to follow you around when you go! :)

hugs
Tami
Celeste, Noah and Jeremiah's mama
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

EW... hello! Even though I live in Vegas... I'm still not used to it (ok maybe more than most, but still). That is massively hot. ugh. Those days... you just constantly have ICE to suck on. You get all dizzy and woozy from the heat... the worst part about Vegas is is not having ANY humidity... because when you breathe out, it is so dry, it burns your throat to breathe. I can't imagine India humidity though, with air being so thick you can't swallow it. Ah the joys of heat.

Kate Taylor said...

Great Perspective!! Praying SOON! xoxo