







California Trip- March 2009
When my brother set his wedding date, we knew we'd be heading to SoCal in spring 2009. Conversations surrounding Christmas heavily involved not getting the kids "stuff". We have a playroom with tons of things that have been given to them that they don't play with. Consumable gifts are the best in my book (they don't turn into "junk that must be picked up" after a few weeks), and tickets to Disneyland ended up being what we gave them!
We had three months to get excited about the trip, which made the actual cashing in of the present even that much more sweet. We'd talked about which rides they could go on now that they'd been unable to the last time, two years ago (height issue), and discussed what we'd want to do when we first got there.
Our tickets were parkhoppers and we did Disneyland the first day- joined by Eric's family, and California Adventure the second day- just us. We did bring the stroller, and every child rode in it at one point or another, but it was nice that it wasn't an absolute necessity (everyone can walk well). Of course, when Dorothy comes, we'll be saying goodbye to that freedom once again- but we got a taste of how easy it gets when the children are older.
Because they were older and taller, nearly all the rides were available to our 3 kids. That milestone made it more enjoyable for them (more rides!), and more enjoyable for mom and dad (less splitting up!). Tears were shed when Dean was a hair too short for Indiana Jones, and tears were also shed by Lael when she *wasn't* too short for Space Mountain and rode- but probably shouldn't have.
Lael and Dean were the most amazing to watch because they didn't get scared. Both truly have an adventurer's spirit and it's amazing. Grant always had to be talked into things like that when he was younger. In the end, he has fun, but the dread and nervousness are tall mountains for him to overcome. For Dean and Lael- "what mountains?!". :-) So, Dean thought Space Mountain was AWESOME (if you've never been- it is a fast, loud, roller coaster in pitch dark). And Lael was the four year old on Thunder Mountain with her hands in the air going down the big drop!
Next time, Dorothy will be with us! We said that 2 years ago when we were at Disneyland (thinking our Taiwan adoption was going to happen within a year), and it didn't happen. But, THIS TIME, I can say 100% that next time we'll have 4 kids with us. :-)
And, of course, this is what our precious cargo looks like after two days of theme parks on the way back to Grandma's house:







10 comments:
Awesome!! What a fun couple of days. Did anyone make it on the Tower of Terror? It scared me!! :)
How blessed you are to have this beautiful family. What fun you all had!
How sweet! I just love those kiddos. And I love the picture of pure exhaustion from a theme park. It reminds me of my childhood. Glad you guys had such a great time.
The pictures say it all -- especially the post-park coma photos. :o) Glad you all had a good time!
-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)
I am jealous! I have been thinking of the "Happiest place on Earth" and thinking how fun it would be to take Nisha. Isn't it neat to see the wonder and awe on their little faces when they first walk into the park?
We almost took the boys to Disney this trip to Florida but in the end we couldn't do it. The walking issue you talked about is still alive among us so it's just as well. I am so looking forward to when they can all enjoy it and I'm happy to wait until then to go.
Your pictures are great. I love the family picture.
Looks like great fun!!! Can't wait to catch up. I'll email you some dates. We have doctor appts. 3 days this week. It is crazy … still I want to catch up and visit!
Wow! LOVE all the disney pics! :) Looks so fun :)
Blessings,
Tami
Noah, Celeste, and Jeremiah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Hooray for Disney!!! No wonder the kids passed out after all that. :) I can't wait to see pics from NEXT time at Disney! Isn't that crazy to think about???
Love!
R
WOOHOO! Loving the Disnay Trips (and yes I spelled it that way on purpose). ha ha. Glad you all had fun and hopefully things are settling down a bit you busy woman! What am I saying! gotta run... I'm busy too!?!?
Post a Comment