Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

The anticipation is building.  It's Christmas Eve and Eric gets the day off work.  Tonight we'll go over to Tim and Angie's home for their traditional fondue night.  They've invited neighbors and Tim's family is in town, so this is the largest Fondue Night they've pulled off- it should be amazingly fun!!!  Multiple pots and flavors!

Tomorrow, I'm hosting Christmas dinner for 16 and am not stressed about it one ounce!  We've delegated, and I don't even know as I'll clean much around here.  I'll clean the bathrooms.  But the house is tidy.  So, mostly I'm going to focus on my family and that feels wonderful!  The Lord has blessed us richly this year with a fullness of family and friends and neighbors.  One of the families coming to Christmas dinner, we've only met once- and that makes me so happy.  God's provided the love that can go around- the food that can be enjoyed by all- the warmth and the shelter that can be shared... so, by golly!, we're sharing!  And with understanding of the miraculous gift of Jesus, we will enjoy the day with a happy buzz.

My dear friend Mary wrote a smashing poem about a full house on Christmas.  I love it and hope you do, too.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to hear how it all went off. Sounds like an exciting Christmas.

Thanks for the compliment on the poem.

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

That was a seriously kicking poem! had me in tears... don't know why. Maybe because growing up with a house full of twelve, we're proof that the Spirit can reside in the noisest of circumstances.

Merry Christmas my dear friend to you and your's and may you have a wonderful New Year. I'm sure you enjoyed the joy... you are definitely one of God's most joyful creatures I've ever met (well at least through written adventures!). With love, Sara