Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The bump

The "Before":

Lael is having surgery on Monday.  We've known about this for a few weeks now, but as it creeps closer it just makes me sad.  This bony growth (exostosis) is not stopping, and has begun to overtake her thumb.  While not life threatening, I know she'll want it off (it is tender sometimes, but mostly its just ugly).  So, with our high deductible nearly met for the year, and her young resilient age, we felt this was the proper time.  Please keep her in your prayers- and Mom and Dad, too!

With the deductible met, at least until January 1st, we are now running around having a few appointments.  So, I'm fitting in a few physical therapy and chiropractor appointments for my back, a dermatology appointment, and a check up or two.  And they won't cost us a dime!  Wooo Hoo!  This has been a super expensive medical year for us (though I know it could be worse and we are totally counting our blessings!) and I pray that 2009 holds less drama.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

How I wish I could go to the dermatologist!

:( Sad for Lael's thumb. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy Button said...

Praying for you guys. And how sassy will the little missy feel with her thumb all pretty again!

Mary said...

I remembered that being there but it has been a while since I've seen it...it's certainly grown. Poor girl...if it's tender I'm sure it's easy to bang and catch on things. I have her name on our calendar Monday and we will certainly be praying for all of you.

erika said...

We will keep you all in prayer! I am glad it worked out for you to get it taken care of and for all your other appointments, too!

Sarah k said...

OH man.. poor baby! That does look ugly. I am glad that it isn't too painful though..

Sarah k

Kate Taylor said...

Oooh, what a sweet little thing! The girls and I will pray for her surgery for sure!!

Rebecca Lily said...

I hope it goes well TODAY! Praying!

xoxo

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Ow. That doesn't sound fun at all. Sorry about the medical year (boy do I know co-pay's... what part of cooperation are they really paying... hmmm). My father in law had this removed just this last year on his big toe... thank goodnes you are getting it taken care of now. He hasn't had much fun with it since he's not quite a spring buck. Many prayers and your in my thoughts. Sara