Thursday, September 25, 2008

Seventeen Months!



Our family has been on our agency's wait list for SEVENTEEN MONTHS today.

For those of you expecting to see a referral announced on this blog soon, I really don't think so.  Last night, we got an e-mail from our agency informing us that they haven't had a girl referral since May (sweet Hannah Claire, most likely) and that we can add 3-4 months to our timeline estimate.  So, we are looking at a referral between December '08 and April '09.

That is, unless, things slow down further, changing our timeline estimate again.

I'm struggling.  Maybe this is God shaking me up, saying, "don't trust in man, trust in Me."  Maybe our idea of perfect: perfect timing, perfect spacing between siblings, perfect whatever ...isn't His idea of perfect.  I know that there are countless examples of God's promises taking longer than hoped to play out.  

We feel that this child is a promise of God.  Further, we feel that God purposed us to care for one of His children- a child that needs a mother and a father and a home.  I guess it's just not supposed to happen right now.

Can you believe that it might be 2010 before we travel to Taiwan?!

I have more to say, and I certainly feel more right now than I can write, but I think I'll just go enjoy my kids, breathe in the fall air, and carve out some good meditation time today.  The crying isn't doing anyone any good.

15 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Tisra, I know that is discouraging. God does have a plan and it is amazing to look back on life and see how He is at work in all things. . .but when you are in the midst of waiting and wondering, it's much harder. I will pray for God to grant you patience and peace as you wait on His timing.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Sarah k said...

Hey Tisra, NO MORE UNHAPPY THOUGHTS GIRL! I tell ya, this is going to happen, and sooner than you think and in God's perfect timing. You are one strong Godly woman and I love you for every bit of strength you have pulled out in order to stand tall for God. Just look at your post! Standing tall! I know you feel like you are shrinking under the pressure but honey... YOU ARE SO LOVED! Look at my blog ok? There is some encouragement on there for you!!
Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I'm sorry for your wait. I really am. I fully expected things to go faster than predicted...not slower. Knowing though, how God prepared your heart for this I can only believe His hand is on every detail. Even the tough bits.

Kate Taylor said...

So sorry...waiting stinks! We're praying for you!

Amy Button said...

I'm so sorry. How about we get that cupcake now?

The Family K. said...

I wish I had the right words to lift up your spirits right now. Just know that you and your family are on my mind and in my prayers.

Jessie said...

Just wanted to send you hugs...

Rebecca Lily said...

Tisra, Tisra... oh how my heart ached reading your post!!! This is so frustrating for ME, I can't even imagine how you feel. You are right, our idea of perfect is almost never God's idea. It is so hard to just rest in His plan and not be anxious.

Read these verses:

Psalm 34:18
Psalm 103:13-14
Phillipians 4:5-6
1 Peter 5:6-7

I hope they encourage you. I love you, sister, and my heart feels, cries, aches and hopes along with yours.

Love,
Rebecca

Chris said...

Tisra,
17 months is monumental, and you have a right to a few tears and questions-but never give up HOPE that our God will supply all our needs in Christ Jesus!!
He has the PERFECT PLAN!!
But do enjoy the fall, it is a beautiful time of year!
Blessings
Chris

Shana said...

Ugh, this must be so horrible, the waiting. I really would like to say I know how you feel, but I don't. I hope you hear some good news soon, and if it is Decemeber, then that isn't too far away. Trying to think positive here:)

Jenny said...

:( So sorry to hear the news. I guess, if there is a bright side, it gives you more time to raise the money you'll need in order to get her over here.

Sarah said...

Tisra, I know... I know. If I had a word of wisdom... it would be to throw expectations and timelines out the window. Very tough to do when you're livin' it. It's going to happen when it happens. No a moment sooner or later. Counting the days, months... only sets us up for dissapointment when the timeline gets rolled back again and again.

Room for More said...

Tisra,

You are always such an encouragement to so many! I wish I had sates for you, but know that I am praying! btw I tagged you at my place before I came over here! I am praying, praying, praying!!
Shannon

Unknown said...

If I knew you, I'd give you a call right now as I am feeling exactly the same way. I am trying to be patient and I am not a patient person. It's discouraging, but I am trying to hang in there too. I am feeling teary eyed too as this is taking so much longer than expected. I am trying my best to trust God that we will get the children we were meant to have.
Passing you a tissue through the computer,
Krista
the-mayne-event.blogspot.com

JackieMacD said...

Hi Tisra,
I'm so behind on my reading... I'm so sorry to hear such discouraging news. And I KNOW it's so hard to see in front of the stage you're in -- trust me, I do -- but YOUR baby isn't ready for you yet and when you're united... it will all become so perfectly clear.

After waiting almost a year for Lucy to come home post-referral, someone said to me 'can't they just give you another kid?' (seriously, they said that) but no other kid was MY daughter... and she proves that every single day.

thanks for all your sweet comments. I'm always anxious to see a gem from Grant -- SO cute and funny. Let us be a comfort for you... we're all here for you, girl.