When Grant was 5 and about to enter kindergarten, he gave his heart to the Lord. Leading up to that had been many question-filled conversations that Eric and I fielded with care. The result was a little boy who knew that, regardless of the wisdom his age hadn't granted yet, he desired to walk with God all of his days. Grant knew the price Jesus had paid for his sins (past and future), and prayed in thanks and submission. He remembers that day, and that prayer, and can describe carefully where he and Eric were. Three years later, after more thoughtful questions and prayer, he asked to be baptized- to show the world his faith! The baptizing does not "save" him, it is just a public profession of the work that has already happened in his heart.
Sunday was the day. Pastor Jeff Phillips baptized him in front of our church during worship with Eric there for support. Family and friends celebrated with us. It was beautiful!
We are very proud of our eldest, his resolve and commitment to grow in love with the Saviour, and to model his life after Christ.
Watch out world, this is one awesome kid!
waiting in the Living Room for service to start
a quick family shot beforehand
being asked about what he believes
being baptized in the name of the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"
dunked!
8 comments:
Congratulations, Grant!
Your pastor reminds me of rocker Johnny Rzeznik, lead singer of the popular 90s band Goo Goo Dolls.
I'm so proud of him, he's growing so fast in so many ways. I'm so glad we could be there.
It's funny but those pictures make it look like they were the only people on the stage when there were more like 20 or 30 people there. And I've always thought that pastor Jeff looked like some sort of rocker- but that's pretty normal for our church.
What a special day! Congratulations to Grant and blessings upon him as he lives out his life for Christ.
WOW. As a mom, this must have given you chills and made you so proud & thankful!! Grant is an amazing little boy and I will pray for God's continued hand upon his life!
Love,
Rebecca
Awesome. Congratulations on your decision, Grant. This world could use a few more Godly men around!!
Be blessed,
Courtney
AWESOME.
I'm so glad for you. I feel like we expect our kids to go this direction...seriously...I expect nothing less than for them to know Christ intimately and follow Him passionately. I just think there is something so powerful in watching it play out. The realization and awakening, if you will, in their minds to the reason we live and serve the way we do.
Beautiful! One of a mother's favorite memories!
Post a Comment