
We're feeling Christmas around here! I am finally able to start on my grandma's Christmas cake recipe after acquiring all of the ingredients. Fondant and marzipan were special orders, the mixed candied citrus peel was sent to me by Grandma all the way from England, the glace` cherries were hunted down and found at Harris Teeter, and I think everything else was easily obtained at the regular ol' grocery store. So, now I have the dried fruits soaking in apple juice for a few days and then the baking can begin!





5 comments:
how exciting. imagine i'm using correct punctuation and lots of emphasis...i'm typing with one hand.
Yes, I am very excited about this! One handed typing is perfectly understandable you Mommy of Two, you. Hee. Mommy of Two. :-)
You two are cute with your Mommy comments. Mommy of Two!! Mommy of Three!!! What about Mommy Squared and Mommy Cubed? OK now I am just being silly...must be all the left over cupcakes I have been eating...
The cake prep looks great. It IS beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I am sure the cake will be delicious...we want details!!!
What kind of cake will this be? Other than Christmas cake, does it have another name? Sounds yummy so far.
Traci, it's just called English Christmas cake. I found a link for you, though: http://www.englishteastore.com/brluicchca10.html. My Grandma's is very simialr in appearance.
Post a Comment