Thursday, December 29, 2005


It was extremely tempting to keep the mittens I made for LaDonna in November. They were wonderrful and warm and would have gone with almost anything. But, having nothing else planned as a gift, I gave them up and made the Birthday girl very happy. Those were knit out of Kareoke yarn, a soy/wool blend that was a great treat to knit up. For myself, I have two skeins of Elann.com's 100% alpaca. Pure luxury, almost like cashmere but much less expensive. The pattern is from a magazine I picked up at Threaded Bliss and uses the thumb gusset method. This is my progress so far. I hope to finish them before our trip to the UK so I can keep my fingers from freezing.

2 comments:

Forever Amber said...

You are so talented. Your knitting just amazes me. Keep up the great work. Thanks for all your encouragement this past week.

Heather said...

I must echo Amber. Your progress looks great. These will be great for England.