Monday, August 11, 2003

Last week was full to the brim with preparations for a baby shower I was throwing for Mary and her highly anticipated offspring, Owen. I had list after list after list to keep me on track and organized. Mary's sister Becky, and a joint friend Amber, were co-hosts with me. Becky opened up her home and Amber designed the invitations. My assignment was to come up with the menu and figure out who would prepare which dish. Here is what we served:

-rolls with lunchmeat and cheese
-carrot-cumin slaw
-feta pasta salad
-veggies and dip
-crystallized ginger, dried papaya, dried pineapple (all dipped in chocolate), and yogurt raisins
-mocha cream puffs
-individual serving sizes of this cake
-fruit shishkababs
-fruit tea
-yummy nut bars

Thank you to Tina P. who brought the veggie dip and to LaDonna who not only helped that day, but also came over Friday to help me with the food preparation (and made the much praised "yummy nut bars"). (Donna, thanks for all your wonderful advice and tips- they were priceless!) Everything went so smoothly.

Saturday was also big day because it was the start of football. I didn't marry a man that was nuts over football but, somehow, he has morphed into one. I really find it cute- especially with our two sons. Dean was considered part of the club this week when he was awarded his very own Titans jersey in the same number as Daddy and Grant. So we now have Large, small, and itsy-bitsy Frank Wychecks in the house. Kris and Mary (and Owen) came over to watch the game. I think we won, Mary and I both fell asleep. Not that we weren't interested but we were watching it rather late as we had recorded on the DVR to suit our schedule (and to have commercial-skipping ability). Pair that with pregnancy (not me!) and the fact that this was a pre-season game... "ZZZZZZZZZZ".

Sunday afternoon Grant took me to see Finding Nemo. He even opened the door for me! Alright, so I paid. But, this was his long overdue reward for 30 successful potty trips. He has done so well and hardly ever has an accident now. It has been one month since we began the effort and he now only wears a Pull-Up when he's sleeping. I am very proud of my little man!

No comments: