Thursday, August 21, 2003

I was reading in Acts today. In Acts 3:15, Jesus is referred to as the "author of life". Certainly, we have the ability to write some of our own history- for He has granted us with free will. But, it is wonderful to know that the Lord is the one writing the pages that we don't have access to (and from what I've read, He is more than qualified for this job- I just need to remember it!).

He has the ability to take things meant for evil and use them for good (Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done...).

He will take care of us (Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet our Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?).

And He even desires to bless us (Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!) (Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart) (Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future")

No comments: