After hoping and praying for such a thing for YEARS, we have family en route right now to live in our town (2 days of driving from Texas with a moving truck and a UHaul-pulling SUV- pray for them!)! Eric's older sister and her family will be here tomorrow settling into their new life and we are so thrilled to be part of each other's lives.
I feel full with a sense of community.
Our pastor has been speaking about stewarding life's resources lately. One of the resources is relationships. And- wow!- our small group (we call them Life Groups) that we are part of is just the kind of community that we desired to be part of. I'm thankful for these real, honest people and the way that we are being knit together. Saying "good stuff" doesn't touch it.
Then, there is our adoption. I don't know anything new regarding our family's case- we probably still have months of wait ahead still. BUT, I do know that I began to get discouraged the other week. Impatient. Even a tad jealous. Lots of babies lately- those of neighbors, and friends- and even the pregnant women at church started to make me a bit envious (even though I know that being pregnant three times was enough for me!). I felt really bad about it because, through this whole long wait I have always rejoiced with those who had things to celebrate. I've been happy for others and not jealous. So, I prayed for forgiveness for my bad attitude and for a renewed outlook... for less pout ( "why not me?") and more joy. The very next day, I got the awesome news in an e-mail that my waiting buddies Kevin and Sarah finally got their referral and were able to see a picture of Miss Hannah Claire. And the joy flooded back! I AM SO HAPPY FOR THEM! Good news goes a long way. Our day will come, and I'm willing to wait for it. And, along the way, my heart is swelling over adoption and the nations... again, too much to really put into words right now... but bigger things are yet to come and it is good! It is good!
Sprinkle in some summer activities like POOL TIME, and parks, and popsicles, and late dinners, and very dirty bath water, and painting and maybe... just maybe... that's why I haven't said much. Slowly I will get my voice again... there is a lot to share... a lot "brewing" (I find myself using this word to describe things often right now).
But, to end on a light note... I'll distract, yet again, with a picture:





9 comments:
I am glad to hear from you! I feel like I have missed you lately without your writing. It sounds like God is doing a lot in your lives right now and that is good. I am looking forward to hearing more:)
I have those moments about our adoption, too. And I wonder sometimes if it's time to throw in the towel. Your referral is coming soon - I look forward to the day I click on your blog and hear about your little girl!
Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com
Ah. What a great post. So glad you were able to catch us up even if it is almost a "teaser" in nature. You've really wet my appetite for good news and I'm excited with you in all that God's doing in your lives.
More! More!
I've totally been in the 'too much going on but not that I want to blog about' thing. It's nice to read about what's going on though.
The waiting is hard, hard, hard but you *will* have a little one in your arms at the perfect time.
Yay for Tim and Angie being here. I'm excited for you. I wonder if there's any way to get *Trav's* brother and sis-in-law here? :O)
Thanks for the reminder-- and the encouragement! We all understand those times forgetting about the blessings, especially in the adoption realm. Be blessed and KEEP WRITING!
Courtney
aahhhhh....pool time. I have fond memories of summer pool times.
I have missed your blog posts - good that things are just full and busy. Can't wait for an update when you can!
Love the picture - and I can relate to the brewing. :) It's like being on slow simmer for weeks.
We have felt that "full" sense of community too, and maybe that's why blogging has to slow down.
I AM back to blogging now, so make sure and stop by...
Love,
Rebecca
Wow, you're human?! j/j You are totally super woman to me and have the brightest outlook I've ever seen. I definitely have these days. Thanks for everything you are and everything you do. Wonder Woman! ;)
Post a Comment