
It feels sooooo good to knit again! I haven't knit anything since December when I was clickity-clacking away at my olive green, brown, and cream "Red Scarf" for 2007. I cast on about 25 stitches on US 8s with Patons Samarkand Aran in shade 8011. (LaDonna, this is the same red/ rust/ pink charcoal gray that I knit your ruffle scarf out of years ago) I'm doing what I'll call "offset 2x2 rib". I knit 2x2 rib for about 4 inches and then swap the knits and purls. The result is a flatter rib with a very subtle "stripe" at the change. the edges bow out at the change point, too, in a way that reminds me of paper Chinese lanterns similar to the kind you make in grade school with a cylinder of construction paper and lots of cut slits. Like this. Such fond memories of those- especially the ones coated with white school glue and heaps of glitter.
[Speaking of school- Grant is all registered as of today and begins public school this month! I'm thrilled and nervous all at once. This is going to be completely different from the homeschool academy, I'm sure.]
But back to the scarf. Its about 18 inches already with just one ball. So, I should be able to make a very generous scarf with the 4 remaining balls. And it will definitely be done by the October 15 deadline! No guilt intended for you slackers that aren't comitting to the project yet. Especially you, Mary- I mean...is having your third child any week now *really* an excuse?! ;-) Ha.





5 comments:
Oh man I'm starting to feel all defensive. Okay, I'm over it. Whew!
Looks really good. I like that it's not solid red, and I like that it looks very useful as well as attractive. Somebody's going to have a well dressed neck.
I see many many cute baby things all hand made by you in the very near future.
Like it! Can't imagine that you haven't knitted in over 6 months! Wow!
I love it! It's beautiful and since I haven't taken the time to learn what a purl is I don't think I'll be knitting for the cause this year. I have been "itching" to knit again though and I'm sure I'll get to it soon- right after I re-do the bathroom and kitchen :)
That looks so great!!!
BTW...have you gotten an update from FFC? I didn't receive one, even though both James and Laura say they sent it numerous times. Weird.
Post a Comment