My darling girl has a new dress! She says, so sweetly, that it is "B-yew-tiful". All of the fabric came from stash, and the design is completely my own. The size is one larger than she needs so that it can be worn for some time, or with a turtleneck underneath in the fall and winter (I'm guessing it equates to a 3T or 4T). The avocado green used in the waistband was the same fabric that Grant's crib skirt was sewn out of by his Grandma- before I was very good at sewing. I made my niece, Riley, a dress with the blue floral fabric ages ago when she was only 1 or 2 (and now she is SEVEN). And the brown, well, who knows- I always have brown around as it is one of my favorite colors. Brown goes with anything! Construction is only the best for my sweet daughter, too: fully lined and hand-finished, ribbon tie closure, subtle bow embellishment. Treated with care it should last for our next daughter to wear. While already at it, I cut out a second set of pattern pieces from other fabrics and plan on stiching it up in the near future. My plan was to put dress #2 in
the shop, but if I keep it for Lael, no one will hold it against me, will they?



8 comments:
That is simply gorgeous!
I can't believe how grown up she is. She is precious and so is the dress. I love her hair.
Very nice. She's a great little model.
You are so talented!
we won't hold it against you, if you would put dress #3 in the shop. That is pure perfection!!
I don't know which is more b-yew-tiful, lael or the dress you made. They are both so cute!
She is such a doll, so cute. The dress is nice too!!
Love the dress. Your girl is getting so big!
Post a Comment