Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Apparently they didn't get the memo

The pest company came yesterday and sprayed around. We ended up going with U.S. Pest- the one that I mentioned uses the EcoSmart product line. They were so complete in their free inspection. You should see the blueprint-esque drawing the guy did of the house with a rather detailed map of all the ant activity (organized by type of ant) that he found on our property. He talked with me and answered all my questions. I feel more excited than a normal human probably should about all of this! We haven't yet seen how well their plan has worked because it should take some time for all the colonies to be affected (I can't wait!).

In fact, yesterday was a horrible ant day. Many more than usual! And last night, a rather thick line was creeping through the kitchen to the pantry and into a bag of sugar. I wiped up all the ants, threw away the sugar bag and later wiped again to be thorough.

All day today, I have seen ants trudging in a line to where the sugar was and turning around in confusion. How long before they get the hint?

No comments: