Saturday, June 21, 2003

So, yesterday was our five year anniversary. We didn't do much event-wise. That is to come. But, I certainly spent a great deal of time reflecting on the time we've had as husband and wife. Truly, I feel so blessed: comfortable home, two gorgeous sons and a relationship with a man that is still my best friend through it all. We've grown, we've changed, I'd certainly say that we aren't the same people that met seven years ago- I'd almost say that it is impossible to remain "the same". You are contantly responding to life, which changes. Looks change, titles change, cities change, goals change. But, we are improved upon...we're a better couple.

I also played a bit of the On This Day game..."on this day, five years ago at this time we were getting pictures taken", "on this day, five years ago at this time, we were saying our vows", "on this day, five years ago at this time we were driving away". You get the picture. Well, I am probably one of the only people that can say, "on this day, five years ago at this time I hit a dove". Yep, on the way to the church after having my hair done, I ran over a low-flying, tan, desert-type dove with my silver Volvo wagon (aka Alphonse). How's that for romance?

So, what did we do? We saw, The Hulk. Eric told me it was a love story.

For our true celebration, we will be going out of town for a week. Grant and Dean will be toting along, as we don't have much choice. But, it should still be nice to get away and relax. We will be staying two nights in Williamsburg (thanks to a gift from dear friends Travis and Amy Button) and three nights in Washington, D.C. We will be in D.C. on The Fourth of July, which should feel especially American. We've never been to Williamsburg, but have been to D.C. a few times and still consider it worthy of a bit more time. My dear friend Kimberley lived there during her college years at George Washington University and this will be our first visit where we won't be able to see her beautiful face. We'll miss you Kim!

No comments: