Thursday, June 05, 2003

The refinance was more eventful than my entry for yesterday assumed. (And why I assumed it would be uneventful is beyond me...I should have known better) This was the fourth time we have gone through closing papers (two houses purchased, one sold, and now one refinance). Every time, there has been an inaccuracy or poor estimation. Yesterday's miscalculations resulted in us being notified a few hours prior of an additional amount of money required at signing ($40 vs $1000). Each time, it has worked out, but we can't help but wonder why it always comes down to the wire like that. I thank God that He is in control- because no amount of planning and preparation can ever be enough. Variables exist, and at least when we serve Him we know the end result down the line will be good. Proverbs 28:25 "...he who trusts in the Lord will prosper."

Tonight I am skipping sewing to relax and hopefully go to bed early (sorry LaDonna, I hope you guys have fun at your house and that you are productive). I think I'll soak in the tub and read Mansfield Park some more.

I am almost half way into the book, now. So, far I am not as in love with this book as some other Austen novels. I just have trouble with Fanny. She is meant to be the main character, yet I find her lacking. What is there about her that I am supposed to be "rooting" for? Why am I supposed to like her? I may not be meant to, but that is always such a joy about Jane Austen books- you want to live in that world; you want to know people like them; you find yourself trying to talk in witty ways like Darcy (and isn't it so cool the way they insult each other in such a civil way...the jabs are almost hidden and seem nice!) Hopefully my opinion changes by the end- I want to like it.

No comments: