Wednesday, August 12, 2009

NEW PICTURES!!!!







Still no smile. We'll fix that soon, I hope. Doesn't her hair look so much thicker? And she looks slimmer, and taller, and like a big kid. Her eyes, as always, are unavoidable. *Sigh* I know I'll just look into them for hours if she'll let me. And, purple!- so cute in purple!!!!

About the previous posts:

1. roof. We will be getting a new roof! Praise GOD for breaks in life. After van repairs, dishwasher repairs, medical bills, a broken dryer (all in the past few months!)... this is a very welcome outcome!

2. travel to the U.K. Thank you, all, for your hopefulness and encouragement and suggestions. We have stopped pursuing this as an option. I did think of the "meet in the airport" option. However, remember the higher fee for extending time in England (making it a multi-destination trip)? Apparently, that applies to changing the layover time, also. I messed around online with itineraries, and each time I changed the departure from England to allow more time at the airport (6 hours vs. 2 hours, for instance) the fees would change. In essence, we'd be paying the $500-$600 extra per ticket to stay for lunch and to hug my family. That's an expensive lunch! Additionally, "hoping for the best" while in India doesn't work, either, because if the visa processing were to take too long, we might have trouble getting her passport back (not to mention that we would have had to buy tickets before ever setting foot in India). We consider this a closed door and are moving on. I'm just praying for miraculous ability to see them a few months after Dorothy being home. That might mean me flying to England alone with Dorothy- we'll see.

23 comments:

The Family K. said...

What a beautiful little girl. Those eyes... Seeing those pictures, I'll bet you just want to jump on the next available flight to bring her home. Here's hoping that the rest of the wait will go easily.

Brooke said...

WOW! She has changed so much. She looks like a beautiful little lady. Don't worry, you will have her in your arms before you know it!

Fenwick 5 said...

My exact words were,Beautiful,she is beautiful!! Happy for you,hope u are getting on that plane in a jiffy. We are still waiting for our referral,we are now #1 on the list!! I am so ready for my little indy girl!!! Gidget

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

OH MY :) What a beauty she is as always :) I know the no smile thing is hard, I remember with Noah, for awhile I was scared he did not smile or couldnt smile. It took awhile but boy does he smile now :) heehee and he STILL fights me to get it on film! Can't wait to see a smile on princess Dorothy's face and her in MAMA's Arms! :) Sorry the england connection did not work, but we see through a glass dimly what HE sees clearly. I am betting this is the best for her adjustment to not have the longer layover!

hugs,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

Those eyes are captivating. She's stunning. And I'm tellin' ya, she's waiting for Mama to come give her a big hug to put a smile on that beautiful face of hers. You will get your first glimpse of that smile LIVE AND IN PERSON!

Unknown said...

She's gorgeous! She'll be smiling soon - just need her family. I love purple and it does look fantastic on her. :)
- Krista

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh TISRA!!! She has grown so much! I know that must be bittersweet for you. Good to see her looking so healthy *if not smiling* but at the same time, sad to know time is passing. {{{{HUGS}}}

On the UK part, at least you have a peace about it and have accepted it. God will honor your willingness to trust Him with this. Of that, I'm sure!!!

Ok, just looked at the photos again! She is just adorable!!! Cannot.wait.to.meet.her.

Mary said...

Oh my goodness. What a gorgeous child.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl, it must be agonizing, but trust me, it's worth the wait! After you've got her home it will be as if this whole adoption process was over in the blink of an eye. We're so excited for you!

Amy Button said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.

Brittnie said...

I did not think that she could get any cuter....but oh my goodness....she is gorgeous! And those eyes...oh my!

Brittnie

Andrea said...

BEEEEE-UUU-T-FUUUUL!
Just like her MAMA!

xoxo,
A

erika said...

She is growing into a little girl! She is gorgeous and I am so excited for your tip! We will be praying:)

Terry said...

WOW - she is beautiful!! Love her eyes too! I think you are right, a bit taller and purple is good on her!
Sorry to hear that England will not work out for you this time. Hope you hear more good news soon! Especially after all your repairs! :-)

theheartofachild said...

OH MY GOODNESS...SO CUTE!!! What a doll you have waiting for you in India! So glad things are moving for you!
Jenny

KB said...

Hey, just catching up on your blog! Congrats on the guardianship and what great pictures! No worries on the no smilies...our little man always had very stoic pics...he is all smiles!

Here's to speedy travel!

Kristy

Amy said...

The pictures are almost exquisitely painful and gorgeous, aren't they! Everywhere we get told what a gorgeous little girl we have and I know you'll get the same response. O the ache to hold her becomes so strong and the pictures really are almost no consolation at all. At least that is how I felt at times. Seeing her grow up without ME was so hard. I will continue to pray for your travel sooner then later and for you to have her in your arms just as quick as can be.

Anonymous said...

Okay friend! She is SOOOOOO cute! and YES there will be MANY smiles on there way! I am praying for the final steps to bring her home! He has the perfect time! What an AMAZING gift! I can't wait to see you!
Heather

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

After a night with the stomach flu for Kole, these pictures are just what I needed to feel better and hopeful. She is so beautiful and her hair does look so much thicker. Poor thing looks hot and sweaty. Oh and I see wide feet just like Milana's! We were so surprised at how wide they were. I'm guessing size 5 or 6 w. Her eyes are those soul searching gorgeous and that beautiful little pout...I see many kisses in her future. Much Love and I am sooo so glad to see these. Sara =0) Almost there.

Sarah k said...

Oh my gosh she is gorgeous and getting more gorgeous! Her eyes are so alluring! I love her little face Tisra! Come on and get travel hon... I want to see her home already!!!! Love you!!! Soon.... it will be soon!

Sarah k

Shana said...

Just precious! And those eyes, wow! Purple is definetely her color! I can not wait to see you guys holding her. Sorry the trip to England won't work out. I hope Dorothy will get to meet your side soon though:) Best wishes for travelling soon being sent your way!

Debbie said...

Hi Tisra,
Thanks for stopping by our blog. Dorothy looks so beautiful and so much like she needs a family. I'm very glad the end is in sight for you!!
In reading down your blog I see "lice" Definitely go with chemicals and make sure they say "kills lice and EGGS(nits)" Annie and Rebecca had lice when they were little and all medications are not created equal! Nix was what worked in the 90's. I had a stay in conditioner component if I remember.
I enjoyed the pictures of your kids now and "then" before the "some day we will have a little sister". I can't express how good it will feel not to be in the "someday" mode. Our Daniel too does not remember a time when we were not adopting. . .
We went to our first adoption seminar in the summer of 05, signed our contract in 06, Kai came home in 08 and as you know, Sarah-Grace in May!
Blessings to you all!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Look at your sweet Dorothy with her beautiful, soulful eyes. There are so many amazing moments ahead for all of you...first hugs, first smiles, first family photos. Thinking of you as the days go by and you are all closer to being together.