Monday, November 24, 2008

I, apparently, can not get sick... I'm a *mom*.

When you are a mom, and you get the stomach flu, and you can't keep down water, and your husband absolutely has to go to work because he has five meetings, and your boys are playing nicely together without fighting, and your three year old daughter seems content to color beautiful pictures... DO NOT BE FOOLED.  This is not the time to crash on the couch in a puddle of flesh.  Nope.  Not The Time at all.  Why?  Well, because that is exactly when your daughter will take scissors to her locks!

I was far too exhausted to do anything but call Eric and cry when I discovered .  I did not do the right thing (meaning, I did not take pictures).  I'm really wishing I had pictures right about now!  I am thankful she did not cut at the scalp line, but the resulting pile of hair was scary none the less (it was about a cup full of hair).

Saturday morning, Eric took Lael to the appointment I made at the nice salon downtown.  The salon that they don't really accept kids at.  Not wanting corrective work done by Supercuts, I asked super nicely if they would help her and they did!  Eric said the senior stylist that worked with her was great about making Lael calm.  He did the best to retain as much length as possible and to make it look "purposeful".  Under the circumstances, I'm pleased.  I wouldn't have wished for this look- it's a bit too "70s" for me- but retro is cool, right?

As this pictures will prove, Lael loves it.  She was also pretty enamored with the salon experience and talked about how she went to Mommy's salon.  How do I tell her we can't continue with the $45 cuts?!  Yeah, come trim time, we are back to Great Clips!




5 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh goodness...that sounds like something our daughter would do. Thanks for the heads-up! Coincidentally, she told me today that she is really good at cutting with scissors; hopefully I won't find her cutting her hair anytime soon!

Hope you are feeling better,

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

The Family K. said...

Ai-yi-yi! I don't blame you for crying. I will say that Lael looks lovely with her new do, though.

Hope you're feeling better.

Mary said...

She's too cute. At least it's not super short. She still looks very girly and I must admit, pretty glamorous with the new look.

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh my goodness... I am so sorry you got so sick & with my least favorite sickness ever! She looks adorable! Nika did a chewing on her hair thing once & shredded it.... had to have it layered. Most other times, she has taken a tiny chop out of curiosity which of course I see, but I've never found the hair. I found it the other day, a long snippet behind the back curtained door. Sneaka!

Rebecca Lily said...

Cute new look!!!! They did a good job. :) I have to take Claire in for the same thing. She chopped some "bangs" (i.e. a swatch of hair on the side of her face about half the length of the rest of her hair.) Then proceeded to shave off half of one of her eyebrows. (DO NOT ASK ME WHY SHE DID THIS.) Sigh.