
I never imagined that our adoption would take this long. We are now at the 19 month "mile marker". We both want our little girl very badly, but we also recognize that the journey is part of the process. This long journey has changed us- for the better. Our eyes are open. Our hearts are open. And AT SOME POINT, our daughter will benefit from these things that God has stirred up in us, and it will bring Him a whole lot of glory, and bring us a whole lot of JOY! And, I also believe (I have to believe!), that at some point this is all going to make sense.





7 comments:
I love your positive attitude and bigger-picture perspective despite the hardship of the long wait. I'm sure it doesn't come easily. We are excited to see the culmination of your wait and are looking forward to sharing in your joy when that day comes.
Still excited with you from here. God is so good...thanks for being honest, both with the frustration of waiting and the contentment of giving it to God.
Tisra, I am encouraged by your strong faith in Him. His timing is not always easy, but you said so yourself, there will be JOY and it will be amazingly abundant.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Shannon
Keeping positive. That is the key to surviving the wait.
I hope it ends soon. I know how long you've been waiting (besides the time length) I remember when you started your journey. The wait takes a toll on you all around so you have to stop and look around and take the time to see the goodness while you wait. It makes the journey easier to bear.
Hugs,
Andrea
I never thought that it would take 23 months for us, so I so understand your pain. But you are right the things that the wait brought to us have made us stronger, wiser and oh so much more appreciative.
Thanks for the thoughtful note on our blog. Believe it or not, I understand your long wait. We originally were logged in for China in August of 06. You have been waiting with a patient heart for Him to answer your prayers. May you continue this journey in peace, and know that your family will soon be filled with more joy when graced with the referral of your baby girl!
What can I say, you are such a shining example of positivity. I think that the Lord truly knows us & what we can handle... you have got to be way stronger than myself girl... because you have skills! Really, I truly admire your grace and I understand when you say what this journey has opened up for us, mentally & spiritually. I love you girl & I will be hear cherring you on as long as it takes.
Post a Comment