Thursday, September 06, 2007

All the Little Children Consignment Sale

My dear friend, LaDonna, is starting a new endeavor and I want to spread the word!  She will be organizing and holding seasonal children's consignment sales on the north side of Nashville.  The WINTER All The Little Children Sale is NEXT WEEK.

She's mentioned wanting to do just such a thing for a while now, and about a month ago I really encouraged her to pursue it.  I'm sure she had a few others rooting for her, too, because she finally stopped talking and went for it!  :-)

The sale will be held in an empty unit of a strip mall in Greenbriar (the same one that houses the Movie Gallery movie rental store).  It is not too late to consign things (children's clothes, toys, maternity clothes, baby equipment...) and it is certainly not to late to plan on attending.  Shoot me an e-mail or comment if you'd like her contact info or the sale schedule.

I drove up there today to drop off all of the items I'd prepared to place for sale, and I had a look at the space she'd be using.  I wish I could be of more help, but I at least pitched in and loaded up things to haul over that were in the attic waiting for transport.  Everything looks great, and she sounds quite organized!  She's been instructed by me to snap lots of photos of it all set up.

We also had a nice time eating lunch at the Pharmacy and Fountain next door to the consignment space.  Its a cute little pharmacy shop owned by LaDonna's consignment sale partner and friend from her church.  I had a croissant sandwich (can I *ever* pass up a croissant?!) and the "frozen fruit salad".  I kept thinking that it needed a better name, because it conjured up images of the grape, melon, berry fruit salad mixes that come in the huge bags at Costco.  BUT, that's not what this was- it was like a chunky sorbet with tidbits of nuts in it.  It was REALLY, REALLY good and flavorful and refreshing.  I'd have some more right now if I could.  Especially with the whipped cream dollop on top (can I *ever* pass up cream?!).

After that, it was a trek back down south to pick up Grant from school.  We spent the rest of the evening doing homework and playing in the neighborhood with all the other kids and parents.  I love our neighborhood.  One of Grant's homework assignments was to study for his spelling test.  In trying to come up with creative ways to drill the list into him, we played a game I made up tonight called Checkpoint.  He did laps around the cul-de-sac on his bike and checked in with me, the officer, on each lap.  He couldn't pass the checkpoint unless he correctly spelled the word I gave him.  I also had a pad of paper handy on the words that he had trouble doing.  If he got it wrong, he wrote the word correctly two times on the spot before he could proceed.  He had fun, and seemed to be doing well.  We'll see how the test goes tomorrow.  Eric's working late, and I should be putting the kids in bed here shortly but they're playing nicely without fighting so who wants to break that up?!  :-)

6 comments:

Mary said...

Great idea on the spelling study. I remember my mom coming up with games for us in order to get things done. Those things stick with you and I'm sure Grant will remember doing spelling laps for "Checkpoint" for a long time.

Matt said...

You can sell little children on consignment?

Jessie said...

I freaking LOVE the checkpoint idea. I am totally doing it next week for Violet!!

Traci said...

Most excellent idea on the Checkpoint! Much more fun than sitting still to do it!
I just looked at my work schedule for the sale. I have to call LaDonna! I messed up a time. Thanks for the reminder!@!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks for the commercial!

I have spent about 9 hours at "the shop" since Thursday morning and it looks totally different. I will be busy taking pictures.

Jenny said...

It's possible for me to pass up whipped cream, but it is impossible for me to pass up a croissant.

That sounds like a fun game and, since I just watched Akelah and the Bee, it reminds me of how she would slap her thigh or jump rope in trying to remember how to spell certain words.