Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sitting in front of the computer has not been a priority these past few days, but I figured it would be nice to give a "highlights" entry.

-Grant's mouth is nearly normal. It is no longer swollen and much of the scabbing on the lower lip is falling away. The gums appear to be healing well, also. Not only is God the Perfect Creator, He is also the Perfect Healer.

-Yesterday we renewed our Nashville Zoo membership and enjoyed a picnic lunch and some strolling along the new Elephant enclosure with the Jones girls + Allen.

-Grant played in another soccer game this weekend and scored his first goal!

-Lael has found her feet and her "squeeky voice".

-Today I finished the right front of Samantha while knitting with Terri and Jenny. Very little knitting was accomplished with seven(!) youngsters in the house, but the kids had fun and the "big girls" enjoyed each other's company.

-Saturday night we had our very own, very cool "Movie on the Lawn" experience. The back of our house has one large, two story, uninterrupted wall that worked rather well as a projector screen for our Epson projector. So we spread out blankets and chairs, lit tiki torches, popped popcorn and bundled up to watch The Incredibles on "the big screen". It was lovely and we hope to repeat the experience a few times during pleasant weather season.

-We are shortly leaving for California for a two week business/pleasure trip. Looking forward to introducing Lael to a few people, seeing my family, and getting a bit of a vacation. This will be our first plane trip with three kids, so your prayers are appreciated. :-) Really, it should be good but we have a lot of prep to do in the next few days.

-I bought a new pair of glasses last night. I normally wear contacts, but would like to have the option of wearing glasses occasionally. I bit the bullet and bought "fun" instead of "boring". In fact, I was having trouble deciding, so I called Eric on my cell and said just that, "Fun or boring?". I now own an overpriced pair of black plastic frames that have a somewhat fifties flare. What I love about them is that they hide my thick lenses much better than the delicate metal rims I chose the last time I purchased glasses. But they're bold, and kinda trendy. Ooooh- Tisra's a risk taker now!

-While waiting for my glasses last night, I walked around the mall and picked up a new skirt and two tops. I really was trying to wait until I'd lost all this baby weight, but re-washing the same three outfits is getting silly. Slowly I'll get there and this will help "tide me over". About 15 more pounds to go. Gosh, that sounds like a lot.

No comments: