Friday, April 22, 2005

Prayer request

We are nearly packed and ready for bed to get up for our extremely early flight, but I'm having a bit of trouble settling down after getting all worried about Grant.

If you didn't read the previous post about his trampoline accident, scroll down. He was such a trooper through the whole thing and much of the wound has healed amazingly well. The lip gashes are nice scabs and all of the swelling is gone. His gums look mostly good and are healing quickly. But, tonight I discovered that one of the teeth in front is loose and the gum line has a bit missing. Doing research on the internet, it seems that (at worst) the gum could be repaired with a simple gum graft or soft tissue graft. I don't want him to go through this. His tooth is sensitive because part of the root that would normally be covered by that gumline is exposed. Could this possibly grow back on its own? Its only been a week since the accident. As for the tooth, it is just his baby tooth and even if it falls out would be replaced eventually by the adult tooth. But I don't want that for him either, and I pray that the adult tooth has not been damaged in any way.

We were supposed to set up a dental consult after the major gashes healed, but the departure date for California crept up on us and we are left with no time to see anyone before we leave.

I know God is a God who heals and restores. Eric and I have already prayed for Grant. I offer my son up to the Lord who created him and knows how to fix him- I put him in His hands. I'd appreciate your prayers, as well.

No comments: