Friday, April 22, 2005

I am not a Terrorist

I was just checking the TSA website for prohibitted items. I was concerned about my knitting needles because I've read in some knitting blogs that they might be a problem in my carry on baggage. They're allowed, but some screeners might not think so without consulting "the list". You've got to know your knitting rights! :-) To be legal, I've replaced my small scissors in my knitting bag with Grant's blunt-tipped saftey scissors and I plan on printing out the TSA list and throwing it in my bag too (just for proof). Obsessive? Maybe-but I'd like to knit during the flight if I have the chance, and I really don't want my project confiscated at the checkpoint. That would be awful!

So, what struck me as funny was all the other stuff on the list. Here I am, checking for knitting needles and maybe there is another passenger checking the list for... Spear Guns?! Could you imagine, "Drat! I'll have to put the ol' Spear Gun in my checked baggage." Same for Nunchakus, Brass Knuckles, Axes and Hatchets, Throwing Stars, and Swords...in case you were wondering.

No comments: