On the project front, things are proceeding well. I finished our baby girl's bed skirt on Friday and the crib s now assembled in the room with the linens in place. It turned out exactly as I'd hoped. Now, I am just trying to figure out what to do the curtain out of. I bought a rose-colored fabric of the same weave that is in the bumper pad (only apricot in color) for this purpose. But, with all the color in the room, I am toying with getting some plain cream-colored cotton to balance everything out. Then, I could use the rose colored fabric to make a crib quilt. I had orginally intended to go without a crib quilt because they don't seem to get as much use as a lighter weight blanket. I'm just going to ponder it a bit while I work on a few other things.
Today, while the boys nap, I plan on getting to the dresser. Eric began the sanding process, but I think there is a bit more to go. Then primer, then paint. I told Eric's mom last night that we were refinishing Eric's old dresser to use for the baby and she laughed so hard! I guess they got it second hand when he was little and she was amazed that it can even withstand the sanding. Wait 'til she sees it! She probably won't recognize it with new paint and hardware. I'm certain that it will be fine for a few more years, at least.
I also pulled out my knitting this weekend. One look at my half-finished sweater, and I felt inspired. But, I think one of the best things for me right now would be to complete a quick knitting project to fuel my confidence. Because, although I have known the basics of knitting since being a young girl- I have never actually made anything. Lots of squares, and now an incomplete sweater. So, I am about half finished with this since starting last night. And then I plan on making a "sampler scarf" to test out different stitches and patterns. It feels so good to be knitting and purling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment