Knitting
Okay, I know that I have a bazillion other things to do, but I have really had a hankering to knit lately. I like the portability of it, and enjoyed it a great deal when I was working on The Dreaded Sweater. And it doesn't help that I have happened upon some great crafty goodness at Craftster.org. So inspiring. There was a knitting post about this book that sounded delightful.
Really, I am plugging away quite nicely at some of my "to do" items and maybe I could get back to the knitting shortly. I worked a great deal of the day yesterday on sewing the crib bumper. The colors are so yummy.
The pattern I picked up (Simplicity 9140) could have been better designed, as there was a miscalculation on some of the fabric causing me to fudge the cutting a bit to keep my grain going the same way. Another fabric was needlessly used as the base for the crib skirt (the part you sandwich between the mattress...the part you don't see). I bought muslin instead, but only after previously purchasing the full amount recommended of the printed fabric. At least now I have the additional yardage for another purpose. And, rather than adding ruffles like the pattern shows, I opted for piping which created a bit more figuring on my part- but that's my fault. So, if anyone might be making custom crib bedding in the near future, don't buy this pattern. Thankfully, I have also borrowed another pattern from a friend and am able to combine the best of both to accomplish the task.
Eric has painted the room, and has some minimal touch up work this evening. For a guy who always hated painting, he has been so wonderful about it. Thank you sweatheart.
So, if I can get the bedding done this week and Eric has the paint taken care of, painting the dresser remains to be the largest task. Oh, and I need to make a curtain, but curtains are easy. Then, the essentials will be finished. There are always decorative elements to be added, but I think I want the main things in the room first to see what "pops" of color are necessary, or what looks as though its "missing".
Additionally, I still have these things on the pre-baby to do list:
- get the binding on my baby quilt
- paint a watercolor for a friend of mine
- design birth announcements
- host a baby shower for another expectant mommy
- finish tagging/ packaging some of the handmade Christmas gifts I made the other month
THEN, I might be able to pick up some knitting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment