Our family just took a looooong car trip for 9 days: Niagra Falls, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C.. And, the whole time, our dear city was on our minds, in our hearts, and part of our prayers. Neighbors kept watch over our house- which is fine- and other friends kept us in the loop on Facebook with pictures, and videos, and summaries of the devastation. A few minutes from our house, businesses are closed, homes are being gutted and rebuilt, and a muddy reside remains in grass and on roads.
My dear friend, Mary, said it about as well as I've read. I am so proud of everyone and ready to join the forces in helping our community rise again!
Very few of the businesses or homes had flood insurance. Unless you've built in a 100 year, or 500 year flood plain... you really had no reason to think you'd EVER need it, and it does not come standard with regular home owner's insurance! Jobs have been lost, homes have been lost.
Ways to help:





2 comments:
I'm thankful your community pulled together to help. I do have to say I'm thankful that you weren't there. Really, the stress of that and 4 kiddos?! Plus, I'm so thankful you weren't hurt either (including your home). Give your neighbors some major kudos for keeping an eye out for you. How sweet are they! You need to call me, or me you as I have things to say. Talk to you soon, love you.
I have heard about this - so crazy!!! Glad your house is unharmed!
Post a Comment