Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No real news

but I'll take what I can get.

To recap, we're waiting on the judge in India to sign off on our case granting us guardianship of Dorothy. There's another step after that before we can travel, but we're taking one step at a time.

If you remember, the courts were on holiday for the summer and I suspected when they were back in session based on the high court's website. I can now confirm that they are, indeed, back in session because another family (with a daughter at the same orphanage) received their guardianship yesterday after a longer wait than us! I'm thrilled for them and thrilled for what it means for us- that something is happening over there.

Sadly, though, it seems that they will be the next family with our agency to go to that facility (in early August). Without any families traveling there sooner, we won't receive updated photographs before then. The start of May was when we last got pictures. :-(

All in all, I feel renewed hope that we *might* get guardianship in July and August travel isn't ruled completely out at this point.

9 comments:

Shana said...

Hoping for some good news for you Tisra!

Anonymous said...

I am praying w/ you friend!
Thank you for ALL of your encouragement and prayers w/ Wylie-Shiane! Yes, she is now in our family forever... I could be in Ca for a whole month wating for PAPERWORK to bring her home!
We are praying that guardianship is on it's way to bring her HOME!
Heather

Lindsay said...

I know you don't know me, nor I know you, but I will keep you in prayer for your beautiful little girl who will one day be in your arms for good! :) I have always been curious about who some of the wonderful people are that visit Mary Beth Chapman's web-site. I found this place through hers, and it's a beautiful testimony to the love of family! :) It took 3 years for us to finally bring home our little Ava from China. Lots of sleepless nights, wondering if maybe this wasn't what God really wanted after all, that maybe she deserved another family.. But, God doesn't give us anything that can't be used for His glory or for our good, and it just took me realizing that I had to totally lean on Him with our adoption, and honestly, once I did that, it seemed to speed up! :) Everything is done in His time. Praying for your family, if you don't mind. God bless! :)

momwithfaithandhope said...

Praying that your guardianship ruling will happen this month and you can bring that beautiful princess home!

Andrea said...

UGGGH!
I know how hard this is on you, but you are almost THERE!
She will be home soon,,,You will have a BUNCH of stockings to hang this year!
xoxo,
A

Amy said...

I hope you can at least get some pics from Rajeev if he makes a visit there. Sometimes I'll show Sunita pictures of Dorothy and she says "baby" "BABY" and I just know and remember the wait. But soon that were be memories and Dorothy will be part of you, your family, your life. Praying for you often. Btw, I'm curious what dorothy's indian name is ... mostly to see if she is in sunita's life book from the orphanage.

Steve n Coco said...

C'mon August travel!! Praying that all goes smoothly and that little one is in your arms before you know it...
Be blessed,
Courtney

Aaron Tague said...

Anything can happen in India. Praying for quick gaurdianiship :)

Brooke

Anonymous said...

Continue to keep up the prayers and hope. Dorothy is worth the wait.