Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Everything's Fine

I've been super busy and haven't had time to post, or the desire, if I'm being honest. BUT, all is okay with our adoption. I should have clarified that we were never in danger of *losing* Dorothy (some of you inquired), we just had some changes in our process that left us frustrated. At some point, maybe I'll go into it. Maybe I won't. It doesn't really matter- she'll come home at some point and I continue to be reminded that Eric and I have no control over it in ANY WAY. It's out of our hands. But, the courts do re-open soon here from their summer break, so lets keep the happy thoughts coming for guardianship to be granted this month.

10 comments:

Amy Button said...

Glad to know you're ok. Praying.

The Family K. said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that Dorothy is still going to be part of your family. Here's hoping that it will be soon.

KT said...

Happy adoption thoughts coming your way...may you get some good news soon. It is the bumps along the way that make us stronger...

Steve n Coco said...

Oh I'm so sorry. This adoption road is so hard. It is a good lesson for all of us, but oh so hard. You are in my prayers.

Be blessed,
Courtney

Mary said...

Just when you think maybe you have a grip on the wheel, it jerks again doesn't it? I'm guessing that adoption is a bit like driving without power steering. You just have to take each curve slowly and carefully and hope you're strong enough to keep it on the road.

shelley said...

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Well I was sort of wondering, but figured it must not be that the adoption was in jeopardy or we would have heard more on FFMs. So … June is speeding along really. Courts reopen this month, right? She is going to be home SOON!!!

Jenny said...

Tisra, perhaps you'll find comfort in the lectionary passage for this week: Mark 4:26-34. The parable of the growing seed is a parable where Jesus tells us that the kingdom of God will happen...and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, either to hasten or to delay it. That reminds me of your situation with Dorothy. You have done what you can. You have planted the seed. God will ensure that the seed grows. Remember that!

Brooke said...

Well, I wanted to ask, but knowing how things work in India, I decided against it. Glad to know that the adoption is not in jeopardy. Yes, the courts are soon re-opening and I am confident that Dorothy's case will soon be heard. Praying that the judge will sign off on the first court date!

Sarah k said...

Hey Tisra, I have been here done that! I totally understand too! It is so frustrating to be at the mercy of the courts and everyone involved. BUT we know that our God is bigger than all that! So breathe and keep chugging forward. I am here to vent on if you need me!

Love you, Sarah k