Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Last night, I finished Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. I thought it was an enjoyable novel. Many times, I am not so interested in contemporary authors; it seems that all too many of them are more concerned with selling books than writing a great literary work. But, this was certainly more than just a storytelling book; it leaves you with something to analyze and think on.

So, today, I began reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I like reading at the gym while I work out (unless I'm in a class) so I get a little in each day. With the movement of running or cycling etc. it is slower reading than normal (so I'm only 50 pages in)- but it is better than the magazines they have out or watching the TV programs they have on (usually trashy daytime stuff).

I talked to my dad yesterday. He did arrive safely and is taking it easy due to jet lag. Sometime this week he's scheduled to have tea with the Queen. Right.

We made our "weekend trip to Target" yesterday and bought a new bottle to try with Dean. (Eric and I joke that a weekend isn't complete without visiting one of their stores- we just always seem to need something). Anyway, he seems to take the this old fashioned Playtex one better than the Avent type. So, hopefully we can keep him accepting a bottle for outtings and church- it was a real problem with Grant and he never did take one...he just went straight to a sippy cup (I think his strong-willed personality had something to do with it, as well!)

No comments: