
I don't want to stop being amazed at how far God has brought our little miracle in such a short amount of time. Dorothy is running around acting like a two year old now (the good and the frustrating!) and her language is advancing so well. I'm super proud of her and want to remember the hurdles she's overcome in less than three months home, and at only 2 years of age. She is getting REALLY good at repeating much more, but these are the words that she commonly says or signs without assistance. All of this is without the help of a therapist. We did go through the evaluation process for our Early Intervention program here in Tennessee, but have not yet received the results- so maybe she won't even need that!
VERBAL WORDS (most said with the sign language for the word, also)
hat
hot
‘nun (all done)
mama (Mommy)
dadt (Daddy)
Deeee (Dean)
up
eye
no
no (nose)
eee (eat)
uh-oh
poo-poo
seep (sleep)
bahhh (ball)
cup
hello
bye bye
ligh_ (light)
day doo (thank you)
cock (sock)
joo (shoe, said most often with the sign for ‘socks’)
cook (book)
ug (hug)
yes
apple
SIGN LANGUAGE
eat
more
water
thirsty
please
thank you
sleep
brush teeth
shoes
socks
cookie
book
all done
yes
apple





10 comments:
She is absolutely beautiful!! Her hair has grown so much...beautiful! I'm glad she is with her forever family. :)
Wow, that is so amazing and exciting! You need to do a little video:) I am working on something for you guys, but things are moving a little slowly over here... hopefully soon!!
I love hearing from you. Dorothy is so precious. I am excited to get started on the process. We were hoping for this month but my husband just heard that his company isn't doing very well so we aren't sure about his job. It seems the devil starts working his magic when he knows you are following God's plans. Oh well I know God will path our way.
Lori P. --from Mt Juliet,TN
Hooray for Dorothy!!
Wonderful and she is so sweet. Congrats again.
We are now waiting on NOC for Maiya Reela,hoping it is quick,Gidget
Our blog is private now if u want to follow along just shoot me a email, sgfenwick@hughes.net
Thanks so much for sharing with us :) That is great! :) She is doing amazing! It totally amazes me how fast our kids learn to understand us in a new language! :) and then start speakin it too :)
hugs to you both,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
So great! What a little genius. Can't wait to see her again. I'm just not sure about our road situation here for tomorrow. I haven't seen any cars yet this morning so I'm curious how people are fairing on the hill up to our end of the neighborhood. The snow is still falling. I love it.
Tisra,
Wow! She really is doing so wonderfully. She'll probably qualify for early intervention simply because of being home such a short amount of time she'll test delayed. But, she's obviously acquiring language so fast, so she'll be fine with or without the extra help, and I'm all for any extra help my child can get. I'm glad you're doing signing. I'm a big advocate for any child, delayed or not. It's hard to remember now back to my signing days with K and worrying about her language development. She's now in that little girl NONSTOP talking phase. When tested for school services she tested above average for receptive and expressive language. Of course, she still needs a lot of articulation attention, which is the sole concern now, but she is doing great and improving all the time.
Dorothy is just soooo precious, and it just does my heart good to see your whole family thriving.
Where have I been?! Oh my is she a beauty and her speech is incredible!!! Love the first Christmas Favorite photo! I'm just getting caught up. And you're right, this floor stuff is WORK. . .
Wow Tisra, that is awesome. Kuddos to you for working so hard with her and kuddos to Dorothy for working so hard. How amazing!
Post a Comment