Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recession Proof

As in, further proof that our economy is wobbly.  Domino magazine is closing its doors.  I am saddened by this, as I really love tactile reading.  Holding the pages in my hands, looking at the pictures, putting fabric scraps next to inspiration images.  I don't subscribe to many magazines, but I started getting this one last year and will miss it.  This isn't the first publication hit by the decline.  Money pressures often spur amazing creativity and change.  I'll be interested to see how those that were in the magazine industry use their talents and bring them to the masses once again.  

6 comments:

angie tucker said...

Congratulations! So happy for you and your family! I'm another India mom and read about your good news from the Werre blog.

Congrats again and I'll be following your journey. By the way, she's a STUNNING little girl! Just gorgeous!

God Bless,

Angie
www.gigglesandcurls.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I'm a bit behind, but had to say how absolutely beautiful your baby girl is! What a tremendous blessing she will be for you all!

Enjoy this special time and I hope the 'hiccups' are few and far in between!
Lisa C.

Amy Button said...

Heard about that a few days ago- bummer. It really stinks when it's a mag that you have a subscription to, I get so attached.

Shana said...

I have a subscription to them too! Terrible that they are shutting down, and so sad.

Mary said...

Bummer.

Unknown said...

My magazine graphic designer has a job in web design now... But those magazines that were on the edge of survival will be out this year.