Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tag, I'm It.

Jenny tagged me and since Eric is on the phone with a work call and its late and I figure I can post this in a somewhat quick manner (maybe before he gets off the phone, but if not, it is easily finished up later by retrieving from my drafts....)

The rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The facts

1. When I am eating, I like for the last bite to be of my favorite thing. If it is an all-in-one type meal, like a burrito, I make sure that the last bite has more of my favorite ingredients. Like, if its a Seven Layer burrito from Taco Bell, then I want my last bite to have more guacamole in it.

2. I have a very unrealistic dream/ fantasy about being in a place where there are secret doors and nooks and passageways to explore, and no one else knows about it, and its mine. I think that all started when I read The Secret Garden as a child and some other book [I don't remember much about] where there was a clock in the wall. Because of this, I have an urge to jump the ropes when touring castles and access the "restricted" areas.

3. When I get hurt, I'm a bit of a baby and I get hurt often because I'm a klutz. Eric has the ability to tell if I'm whiny and overreacting or if I'm truly hurt. God only knows how I was able to have three babies naturally.

4. I hate going to bed without my husband, even if I'm dead tired.

5. The first time I remember going to church was in second grade after I asked my mom if she would take me. I wore a cotton dress with puff sleeves and a ribbon belt. I loved that dress and took my second grade picture in it, too.

6. My big toes are crooked.

7. I wrote my own wedding vows. (he wrote his own, too)

8. Up until this last cleaning at the dentist, I still had a tiny spot of orthodontic glue on one of my teeth near the gum line from braces in high school. I think this hygienist was the first to enjoy the challenge and understand my frustration.

Now, I tag: Amy, Mary, Colin, Erika, Amber, Shelley, Ann, Jess

10 comments:

Mary said...

I was reading yours thinking, I do that too! I always like to leave the center of a cheeseburger as my last bite because it always has the best of all the toppings right in the middle. I love secret doors and passageways, mostly from reading Nancy Drew mysteries. I hate going to bed without my husband (not yours, that's never affected me somehow). The others I don't relate to as closely but I thought it was funny how I immediately wanted to copy your list. :)

Amy Button said...

I had a couple of girlfriends in college (sisters) that were Italian and every meal was spent looking for the "ultimate bite". I thought it was funny to put all of that effort into piling things all together for one bite but for them eating was an art form. I actually prefer for things to be evenly distributed so that I enjoy each bite equally. So in a burrito, I don't even really enjoy it that much until I get to the sour cream- weird.

LaLa said...

Found you on Jia's blog....we are in TN too : ) I always make sure the last thing on my plate is my fav too...why not??

erika said...

I agree with you about the secret passage ways too. I have dreams about places like that sometimes and I love it. Like, you are in a house and then you discover this whole other section no one knows about and it is old and there is all sorts of cool things there. Very cool.

shelley said...

I had to tell you....this was my first tag ever...THANKS I feel so special.

Jenny said...

Tisra, very good (and interesting) answers!!!

a.) I used to want to have the best thing be my last bite, but then I realized that often I'd eat the entire plate just to get that last bite, which wasn't so positive on my thighs. Now I don't intentionally try to eat the best things first, but I make sure that I get a healthy dose of them so that I can abandon ship when I'm full/tired of what I'm eating.

b.) I always had this recurring dream when I was a young girl of finding a secret passageway/room in my grandparents' house. Just recently, sometime this year, I had the dream again! And it always disappoints me that it's not real. :(

c.) I love getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist.

Tisra said...

Jenny, you have a point about the clean plate. I, many times, set aside a perfect bite and come back to it when I'm ready to be done. Its mostly subconscious, too, but now that I'm analyzing it I realize how many "rules" my habit has. All that said, I often do not finish what is on my plate (especially with big restaurant plates) but it is just the last bite *I eat* that matters. I like the remaining taste in my mouth to be a good one. :-) OH! And- let me just tell you- it is ROBBERY if your husband comes along and nabs your set-aside last bite of something that "looks good". :-)

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Tisra,
I loved your "facts" and it is good to know I am not alone in the "last bite" club! And I agree it is robbery if your husband "steals" the last bite. Thanks for sharing! And thanks also for the cabin link...that is now on our list for future trips!

Sherry said...

OMG... your 1st fact is to funny! So specific & I totally understand:) LOL!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Tisra,
Thanks for your note of concern about the earthquake. We now live in Florida but we miss Japan very much and feel badly for those dealing with the recent quake and typhoon.