
First Day of School...Friday (hopefully)
Today is the first day of kindergarten for Grant- and he is missing it! We've all been sick. Everyone I know has been sick in the last week or is currently sick. And a cold isn't going to stop my very excited boy from conquering his first day of school. But wheezing and a fever of 102 certainly will.
This pesky, persistent cold got worse yesterday for Dean and Grant. They were struggling to breathe and their temps shot up. So, I found myself at the pediatrician's office at 4 in the afternoon the day before the Big Day hoping that she'd tell us we could still go. Thankfully, they don't have pnemonia, but they have an infection that is on its way to that if we don't get their lungs to dry up a bit. Dean had pnemonia a few days before Lael was born last December, so I am really glad we didn't mess around with it.
And once Grant can be fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine, we have the go ahead to take him to school. It is expected that parents will make a fuss over the first day and take photographs and linger a bit at the door, but Friday will be the SECOND day of school and we'll be the goofy parents making a big deal of it all. Oh well.
I am very glad I took the camera to Meet the Teacher day last week. His teacher is "Miss Jan" and she is delightful. It is going to be a good year.





4 comments:
Oh...I hate that he has to miss his first day. I am sure he will be fine for Friday and there's a good chance that he's not the only one sick this first day with all the people we are hearing of with this yucky stuff. Here's to a healthy rest of the school year!
How sad!! The good thing is he'll be the only one fussed over on Friday. Either he'll be completely mortified that you are showering him with so much attention, or he will love being the center of attention. Violet would definitely be the latter ;)
Poor Grant. That is no fun missing his first day. He looks so grown up in the photo by the tree. How is Dean doing with Grant leaving for school? Do you think his wishes he was going to school as well? Or is he excited that he and Lael will have Mommy to themselves? Hope he (and the whole clan) gets better fast. Lael is adorable. What skin that child has, beautiful English beauty skin from her grand-dad no doubt!
That's a cool classroom!
Post a Comment