Summer Events!
While I don't watch News 2, I enjoy the mailer they send out each season with an Area Happenings guide. There are countless activities in Nashville and the surrounding area that I might not know about otherwise. Especially in the summertime, there are a variety of free things to do outdoors. Hundreds.
Here are just a few of the things I highlighted (some I don't know anything about, but they sounded worth checking into):
May's complete list via News 2
May 1-2 TACA Crafts Fair, Centennial Park...I've been twice before and it is always inspiring...not cutesy-crafty...more art/artisan offerings
May 8 63rd Iroquois Steeplechase, Percy Warner Park... I've always been interested in this event, but haven't made it yet and looking at the tailgating prices we probably won't be going this year
May 9 15th Annual Incredible Edible Chocolate Festival, Factory at Franklin
May 13 7th Annual Dragon's Concert, Nashville Children's Theatre, 615-254-9103
May 15 FREE DAY IN MAY as Rutherford County museums and other attractions open their doors FREE to the public.
May 23- July 18 Concert in the Park, Sundays, Crockett Park 615-371-0060
May 29- October 31 Playhouses & Forts, Cheekwood
June 2- July 14 Movies in the Park, Wednesdays, Centennial Park 615-844-9265
June 4 Friends of Warner Parks' Full Moon Pickin' Party 615-370-8053...I know nothing about it, but doesn't the name intrigue you?!
June 4-25 Tales at Twilight, Fridays, Bellevue Red Caboose Ampitheatre 615-862-8424
June 5-6 Brentwood Library Foundations' Garden and Pond Tour 615-776-1306
June 5-6 Secret Garden Tour, Murfreesboro 615-890-2300...okay, anything with the term "secret garden" is worth investigating...I think it goes back to my love of the Secret Garden story as a child...the idea of a long forgotten place to discover and it becoming *mine*...but who knows what this event is like
June 5-6 Town & Country Tour of Homes, Franklin 615-591-8500
June 5- July 31 Big Band Dances, Saturdays, Centennial Park Even Shelter 615-862-8424...I'm an impossible dancer, but maybe this would be worth going to watch/ listen...probably great music
June 12 Hallowed Ground: A Lantern Tour of the Stones River National Cemetary 615-893-9501
June 12 Gospel in the Park, Hadley Park Bandshell 615-862-8424
June 14-19 Week of Eagles, Ft. Campbell Division Parade Field 270-798-5611...I'm thinking this might be an airshow like the Blue Angels, but the Ft. Campbell website gives no indication...hmmmm
June 15 & 22 Nashville Symphony Performance, Centennial Park Bandshell
June 15-20 Broadway in Nashville, Jesus Christ Superstar, TPAC
June 18-20 American Artisan Festival, Centennial Park
June 25- 27 Mid. Tenn. Carriage Club event, Percy Warner Park 615-591-7251...haven't even the slightest clue what this is
July 9-10 Watertown Jazz Festival/ Excursion Train 615-244-9001
July 10 Jefferson street Blues Jam, Hadley Park Bandshell 615-862-8424
July 24 Old Brush Ice Cream Social 615-325-9032...is "Old Brush" an area of Nashville or TN I've never heard of before?...somebody tell me!
July 30 Friends of Warner Parks' Full Moon Pickin' Party 615-370-8053...ooooh a second opportunity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment